This fun and flavorful Farr Better Vegan Chicken Salad Bites are quick, delicious and an easy bite-sized vegan and allergy-friendly appetizer. People crave our Farr Better Vegan Chicken Salad Bites because it has a nice texture from the hearty jackfruit that looks, tastes, and feels like chicken but is chickenless.
To make this Farr Better Vegan Chicken Salad Bites unique to you, try a variety of ways to eat it and present it at a party.
So what makes this delicious hearty Farr Better Vegan Chicken Salad Bites so amazing?
Farr Better Vegan Chicken Salad Bites
- 2 cans Jackfruit - 7.9 oz each
- 50 each The TOSTITOS® Tortilla Chips in a scoop-able shape - 1 option
- 24 each vegan allergy-friendly wantons - 2nd option
- 1 container non-dairy vanilla yogurt 5.3 oz - So Delicious® DF Vanilla Yogurt Alternative
- 1 cup bok choy - or napa cabbage or celery chopped
- 3 each green onions - chopped
- 6 tbsp cranberries - or red grapes chopped
- 6 tbsp walnuts - chopped
- 4 tbsp dairy-free mayo
- 1 tbsp Farr Better No-Salt Seasoning
- 1 tbsp FBR Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon peel - dried
- 1 tsp orange peel - dried
STEP 1 COOK THE FBR Shredded Seasoned Jackfruit recipe
- Use the veggie burger chopper/jackfruit shredder or potato masher to chop and shred jackfruit pieces. You can also use the flat-edge wooden spoon to chop the chunks apart. They come apart really easily after they have been cooking in the vegetable broth. They naturally look like shredded chicken when done separating the jackfruit chunks. If the broth dries up, feel free to add another 1/4 cup vegetable broth while turning the heat down a little bit to finish the cooking process. It all eventually evaporates and makes the jackfruit soft.
STEP 2 ASSEMBLE SCOOPS OR CUPS
- You can use baked wonton cups, or any kind of tortilla chips to scoop the salad onto. Bake larger tortilla cups if you want fewer servings. Be creative and be adventurous with this meal/appetizer.
- Option 1: Line The TOSTITOS® Scoops® on a plate or platters for pre-assembled appetizer cups.
- Option 2: Have the chips and the salad in separate bowls and people can grab what they want onto their individual plates.
STEP 3 ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS
- Add the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl except for the cooked jackfruit.
- Gently mix ingredients. Scoop the salad mixture into individual cups mentioned above or put in a serving dish for guests to take portions they desire.
- Sprinkle the cooked shredded jackfruit on top of the salad mixture or mix it together in the bowl.
- There are a few garnish ideas listed. Set these out for people to choose from or add them ahead of time for a beautiful appetizer display.