This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item we may receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services that we believe will add value to our readers. To read our full affiliate disclosure please visit our disclosure page, which can be found here.
This is a delicious, allergy friendly sour cream that can be used as a topping on everything you would normally use as a topping.
When I create condiments, I do a taste test of the best allergy friendly store bought version of the product so I have something to compare it too. I want to get the taste as close as I can to the real thing. And I get so excited when it comes to life and the whole family thinks it is absolutely amazing.
Hopefully you will make this is a permanent addition to your refrigerator as well.
FARR BETTER SOUR CREAM AND SEASONED SOUR CREAM
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut milk the thick cream part on top
- 2 teaspoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dairy free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum powder
- Blender - high speed
- Strainer, colander
- Hand Held Lemon Squeezer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Wooden Lemon Reamer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Citrus Juicer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cover cashews with water. Let sit for a few hours or overnight. (I prefer overnight because they become soft for blending the next day.
- Use strainer to drain out old cashew water
- Rinse under lukewarm water
- Add cashews to blender
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS TO BLENDER
- Add fresh water
- Add Lemon Juice - fresh squeezed or use equipment mentioned above for ease.
- Add coconut milk cream. Let can sit for a day and scoop the cream part on top.
- Add both yogurts
- Add apple cider vinegar
- Add sea salt - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.
- Add Guar Gum
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours before serving. Enjoy!
SEASONED SOUR CREAM
- If you want to spice it up, add 1-2 teaspoons of Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends® Blackened Redfish Magic. Add as much seasoning as you like to reach your satisfaction. This replicates the seasoned sour cream you get with fries at a restaurant. By Farr our favorite discovery.
- Stir completely and definitely enjoy with potato fries, sandwich spread, FBR Veggie Burger Melt and whatever else you can be creative using it with. Possibilities are plenty.
Leave a Reply