This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item we may receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services that we believe will add value to our readers. To read our full affiliate disclosure please visit our disclosure page, which can be found here.
I can’t help but call it Logan’s Hummus because it is something that accommodates my little grandson’s multiple food allergies. We have to make all his food by hand to keep him safe.
Logan’s Hummus is GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, WHEAT FREE, SOY FREE, YEAST FREE, OIL FREE and OAT FREE. It’s always a victory for us when we make something allergy friendly for him and that he likes. Now Logan’s Hummus is a family favorite. I know you will like it too.
I also have another hummus listed on the website that has more highly seasoned ingredients. Some of us want a little more flare in our hummus. So of course I had to create one of those as well.
Logan's Farr Better Hummus
- 1 15 (ounce) can cannellini white kidney beans drain and rinse white kidney beans
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar substitutes
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Blender - high speed
- Strainer, colander
- Garlic twister minder. FBR IDEA: I like to use this instead of the garlic press because there isn't any waste or lingering garlic smell in the garbage because you efficiently use the whole piece of garlic.
- Hand Held Lemon Squeezer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Wooden Lemon Reamer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Citrus Juicer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
ADD INGREDIENTS TO BLENDER
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans. Add to blender.
- Add minced garlic
- Add lemon juice - fresh squeezed or use equipment mentioned above for ease.
- Add tahini
- Add coconut aminos
- Add mustard seed ground
- Add stevia
- Add sea salt - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.
- Add onion powder
- Blend thoroughly. Place the hummus in the refrigerator for a couple hours. Serve and Enjoy!!
Leave a Reply