It looks and tastes like store-bought dairy-free buttery spreads. This one doesn’t have harmful ingredients that many processed foods do.
It has a great buttery taste. Your melt time is less so be careful not to overheat when cooking. This is not oil-free but it’s still half the calories and fat of store-bought dairy-free buttery spreads.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW:
Eliminate or modify any ingredients to accommodate your dietary restrictions.
This Farr Better Butter recipe is Allergy-Friendly:
FREE OF: Gluten, Oats, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Gum, Soy, Starch
Use suggested ingredients and ALL FARR BETTER RECIPES are:
Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Wheat-Free with most No Added Salt
I try really hard to find you products that have No-MSG, Organic and that are Non-GMO. You can conveniently order them on my website.
Click the underlined ingredient links and photos below that will show you valuable information like;
♦ how to prep the ingredients
(wash all produce, soak or marinate, etc…)
♦ what cut is preferred for each recipe
(minced, diced, chopped, sliced, etc…)
♦ how to prepare the ingredients
The ingredient links will also provide the health benefits, nutrients, and resources that can help accommodate illnesses, diseases, autoimmune deficiencies, and food allergies.
Some symbols to look for when shopping for ingredients:
I want to provide as much as I can to make cooking fun and easy.
on the equipment photos and underlined links to see what I like to use when making these delicious recipes. Included in the links are eco-friendly details about the product and easy ordering options if you need to add these to your kitchen collection.
I have done a lot of research to find highly rated healthy products. I’m not afraid to use equipment to make cooking fun and easy!
So what makes this homemade dairy-free butter so amazing?
Almond milk, cashew milk or rice milk
Nutritional Yeast Flakes
Apple Cider Vinegar
Himalayan Sea Salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coconut Oil Refined
Now let’s prepare this delicious meal.
To find out more information about the product, click on the photos.
First Group of Ingredients add into the Blender
Add 1/3 cup of your favorite dairy-free milk.
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
FYI – Dr. Axe says, “Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better.” This is the guilt-free option. If you want to go salt-free, see our Salt Substitutions.
Mix all these ingredients from the first group on medium speed for about 1 minute or until blended well together and scrape the sides with a spatula.
Add Second Group of Ingredients to the Blender
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I know I have oil in this recipe yet I have been saying to avoid oil. At this time this is the only recipe that I add oil in the ingredients list. I haven’t figured out how to do without it in this recipe.
Blend on high for a few seconds and scrape sides again before adding the next group of ingredients.
Add Third Group of Ingredients to the Blender
1/2 cup coconut oil refind (Note: must be refind not unrefind)
Add to a non-stick saucepan on medium heat.
Stir occasionally for a few minutes until melted.
Add the melted coconut oil to the blender
Add 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Here are some Lemon Lime Citrus Squeezer options I enjoy using to maximize the juice amount. If this doesn’t work, you can purchase an allergy-friendly organic lemon juice product as an option.
Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
The more turmeric you add, the darker yellow color.
Blend for the final time. You may have to scrape the sides a couple of times and blend again to make sure it’s blended together completely.
How to store your Farr Better Butter
Pour mixture into an airtight container. Glass jars work well. Refrigerate to harden.
I love using my leftover Follow Your Heart Mayo jars or Mason Jars to store the butter. You can find other options on our Wrap it ~ Label it ~ Store It page.
Enjoy these fun ideas to use your Farr Better Butter…
My favorite allergy-friendly vegan bread “Northern Bakehouse® Millet & Chia”.
It’s also amazing with air-popped popcorn
Over your favorite cooked veggies
It’s your healthy substitute to store-bought butter. My family loves this new alternative, hope you do too. Enjoy my friends!
Farr Better Butter
First Group of Ingredients blended together
Second Group of Ingredients blended together
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
First Group Blend Together
- Almond milk or cashew milk, almond flour, nutritional yeast flakes, apple cider vinegar
- Add sea salt - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.
- Blend on medium speed for about 1 minute or until blended well together. Scrape sides of the blender to get a completely blended mixture.
Second Group to Blend Together
- Olive oil. Scrape sides of the blender to get a good complete mixture.
Third Group to Blend Together
- In a small saucepan over medium melt coconut oil stirring occasionally. Once melted, add the coconut oil to the blender.
- Add the lemon juice and turmeric HINT: The more turmeric you add, the darker yellow color. Blend for the final time. You may have to scrape the sides a couple of times and blend again to make sure it's blended together completely.
- Pour mixture into an airtight container. I like to use a glass jar. Refrigerate to harden.
- My favorite allergy-friendly vegan bread "Northern Bakehouse® Millet & Chia". It's also amazing with popcorn, over your favorite cooked veggies and more. It's your healthy substitute for store-bought butter. My family loves this new alternative.
FBR EDUCATION NOTE:The following ingredients found on a label indicate the presence of milk protein. All labels should be read carefully before consuming a product, even if it has been used safely in the past. Today's awareness is Butter — artificial butter, artificial butter flavor, butter, butter extract, butterfat, butter-flavored oil, butter solids, dairy butter, natural butter, natural butter flavor, whipped butter indicate the presence of milk protein which we avoid! That's why I created a "Farr Better Butter". Remember if you have an allergy to an ingredient, eliminate it from the recipe. Thank you for choosing Farr Better Recipes. We believe everyone deserves to FEEL GOOD and ENJOY LIFE!