Even meat-lovers will LOVE this Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger because you seriously can’t tell the difference.
This is a mouthwatering sizzling Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger meal that is filled with tons of flavor AND very satisfying without the bulky bread. Low Carb Veggie Burgers are a great go-to meal when you need something quick and easy.
While people want to cut carbs, we don’t want them to sacrifice the flavor of their meals. Therefore, we found a way to have the best and a Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger meal without the bun.
Even though we don’t use buns for this meal, we add all the best burger condiments you would normally enjoy on your burger.
By all means, don’t deny yourself a juicy cheezy melty veggie burger meal that is absolutely delicious.
Most importantly, eliminate or modify any ingredients to accommodate your dietary restrictions.
This Allergy-Friendly Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger Recipe is FREE OF:
Gluten, Oats, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Gum, Vinegar
For example, if you use the ingredients I suggest, then ALL FARR BETTER RECIPES are allergy-friendly and plant-based.
So what makes this delicious hearty Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger so amazing?
Did you know with this recipe format you can change the serving size which will change your ingredient quantity?
Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger
STEP 1 WASH MUSHROOMS AND CHOP
- 2 cups mushrooms - chopped
STEP 2 SAUTE INGREDIENTS
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 cup onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
STEP 3 COOK THE VEGGIE BURGERS
- 2 patties veggie burger -
FINAL STEP IDEAS
- 2 slices/shreds dairy-free cheese - choose your favorite
STEP 1 WASH MUSHROOMS AND CHOP
- Wash and clean the mushrooms with Earth’s Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash
- Chop the mushrooms by hand with a knife or Mini Hand Chopper. Add to one of the frypans/skillets while preparing the other ingredients to saute.
STEP 2 SAUTE VEGGIES
- In the 1st medium-size Non-Stick Frypan/Skillet cook on medium-high heat the garlic, mushrooms, onions, and broth. Saute for about 7-10 minutes stirring occasionally until tender and steamy hot.
STEP 3 PREPARE VEGGIE BURGER
- While you are cooking the sauteed veggies, you can start cooking the veggie burgers.
- If you use the one-pound package, divide it into 4 equal portions. Shaping each one into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Use 2 for this recipe and save the other 2 for the future.
- In the 2nd Non-Stick Frypan/Skillet use it to cook the veggie burgers. On medium-high heat, cook 5-10 minutes each side rotating a few times until cooked thoroughly and the outside layer becomes a little crispy to your liking.
- Please note, while you are flipping the veggie burgers, sprinkle on your favorite Farr Better Seasonings. Most importantly these seasonings will help you create a 5 Star restaurant quality level of deliciousness.
MAKE THE MEAL
- Keep the veggie burger in the pan on low heat and put either 1/2 of the sautéed veggie combo on top of each veggie burger and then the vegan cheese to melt on top of that, or reverse the order. It doesn't really matter. Put a cover on top for 3-4 minutes to melt the dairy-free cheese.
- Once the dairy-free cheese has melted see TOPPING IDEAS and SIDE DISH IDEAS on the Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger webpage for additional fun.
- Serve and enjoy this quick and easy meal idea!
Keep Scrolling to view Step by Step photos and Instructions
FYI: I will share with you many kitchen utensils and equipment that I use to make this recipe go quick and easy.
With that in mind, prep time on this recipe may vary depending on the kitchen equipment you use or if you cut and prep things by hand.
the photos and links for more details about the products, purchasing options, prepping ingredients, and their health benefits.
into 2 medium-size Non-Stick Frypan/Skillet Pan
Step 1 Clean and Chop Mushrooms
2 cups mushrooms chopped ~ check out our mushroom page to pick your favorite ones for this dish
How to prepare mushrooms:
Most importantly, it’s a good idea to wash your mushrooms. Even though they are a part of the “Clean 15” list, it’s a good idea to always wash your produce. While they are a part of the produce with the lowest levels of pesticide residue, it’s always a good practice to wash your produce.
Nearly 70 percent of the fresh produce sold in the U.S. contains residues of potentially harmful chemical pesticides, according to EWG’s analysis.
Dirty Dozen List
Clean 15 List
1. Again, it’s very important to wash them thoroughly with Earth’s Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash to clean 95% or more of the chemicals and toxins off your produce.
Above all, this is my ♥favorite veggie wash and has my stamp of approval. Click the photo or the link to order yours today. I just did. It’s a great gift-giving idea.
Furthermore, it must be amazing if Twin Cities Live shared it with everyone!
2. Chop the mushrooms by hand with a knife
To speed up the process, the 2nd option is to use a Mini Hand Chopper.
Above all, chop mushrooms to the desired texture you want in the Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger recipe. Add the mushrooms to one of the frypans/skillets while preparing the other ingredients to saute.
Step 2 Saute Veggies
In the 1st medium-size Non-Stick Frypan/Skillet cook on medium-high heat cook the mushrooms, garlic, onions, and broth.
4 garlic cloves minced
My favorite ‘quick and easy’ tool to use is the Garlic Twister
Similarily, find other Garlic Press and Micer’s at my Fun and Easy Kitchen Equipment page.
1 cup chopped onions
My favorite ‘no tear’ tool to use is the Hand-Powered Food Chopper
In addition, see these wonderful quick and easy tools to use for chopping onions; the Food Chop Vegetable Dicer and the Mini Hand Chopper.
1/4 cup vegetable broth
By all means, feel free to make homemade vegetable broth or purchase it. However, I recommend low sodium broth’s because they are much better for our health.
Saute this mixture for about 7-10 minutes stirring occasionally until tender and steamy hot.
Step 3 Cook the Veggie Burgers
While you are cooking the sautéed veggies, you can start cooking the veggie burgers. If you use the one-pound package, divide it into 4 equal portions. Shaping each one by hand into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Use 2 for this recipe and save the other 2 for the future.
VEGGIE BURGER OPTIONS:
We enjoy many kinds of veggie burgers; from homemade to purchasing them for convenience. To make this Low Carb Veggie Burger meal quick and easy, I do purchase these brands of burgers.
For example, the ones we like the best ♥ are from Beyond Meat. It is less expensive to purchase the 1 lb package compared to the patties. However, do what is most convenient for you.
Secondly, the next favorite veggie burger choice of ours is from Hilary’s. This is an amazing company. Feel free to pick from any one of their flavors to accommodate your taste and dietary restrictions.
PREPARE THE VEGGIE BURGERS
After choosing your burger, use the 2nd Non-Stick Frypan/Skillet will be used to cook the veggie burgers. On medium-high heat, cook 5-10 minutes each side rotating a few times until cooked thoroughly and the outside layer becomes a little crispy to your liking.
Please note, while you are flipping the veggie burgers, sprinkle on your favorite Farr Better Seasonings. Most importantly these seasonings will help you create a 5 Star restaurant quality level of deliciousness.
If doing the bunless open-face version, keep the veggie burger in the pan on low heat.
For instance, put 1/2 of the sautéed veggie combo on top of each veggie burger and then the vegan cheese to melt on top
On the other hand, you can reverse the order. It doesn’t really matter.
Put a cover on top for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.
Dairy-free cheese choices:
There are many wonderful dairy-free cheese flavors to choose from. Look at our Dairy-Free Cheese page to find your favorite ones. This is where you can make every meal unique and special with a different flavor to how you are feeling that day.
If using a bun
Complete the same as above but plate with a bun. Remember you can spread Farr Better Butter and Farr Better Oil-Free Mayonnaise on the bun (toasted or not) to help complete the ensemble.
Add any type of vegetable topping that you would normally put on a burger like; tomatoes, lettuce, red onion, avocado slices, cucumber, pickles, bell peppers…
Farr Better Macadamia Pesto
Most importantly, here are some of my absolutely favorite sauces to complement this dish and many others:
Farr Better BBQ Sauce, FBR Firecracker BBQ Sauce, FBR Yum Yum Sauce, Burger Veganaise Tomato Sauce, Farr More Fun Burger Sauce, Farr More Fun Chipotle Sauce, Farr More Fun Spicy Sauce, Sriracha Aioli Sauce, just to name a few. These will be coming soon to the website!
SIDE DISH IDEAS:
Sweet potato fries, baked sweet potato or potatoes cubed, sliced, mashed…
you get the idea.
Farr Better Sour Cream or Farr Better Seasoned Sour Cream for the Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger and fries
My favorite bread and bun company Little Northern Bakehouse®. Ultimately I like this company because it’s the most allergy-friendly bread choice I have found for our family. I am always searching for more choices though.
Serve and enjoy this quick and easy Farr Better Low Carb Veggie Burger meal idea!