Welcome to this great oil-free mayonnaise alternative.
Many allergy-friendly mayonnaise substitutes use tofu as one of the main ingredients which are a soy product. Most of my kids and other people I know are allergic to soy. So, I have come up with a soy-free and oil-free mayonnaise version. This is so exciting.
Many people love using this recipe in many different ways because of the delicious taste and thicker texture.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW:
Eliminate or modify any ingredients to accommodate your dietary restrictions.
This Farr Better Oil-Free Mayonnaise recipe is Allergy-Friendly:
FREE OF: Gluten, Oats, Soy, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Oil, Shellfish, Yeast, Starch
Use suggested ingredients and ALL FARR BETTER RECIPES are:
Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Wheat-Free with most No Added Salt
I try really hard to find you products that have No Oil, No-MSG, Organic and that are Non-GMO. You can conveniently order them on my website.
Click the underlined ingredient links and photos below that will show you valuable information like;
♦ how to prep the ingredients
(wash all produce, soak or marinate, etc…)
♦ what cut is preferred for each recipe
(minced, diced, chopped, sliced, etc…)
♦ how to prepare the ingredients
The ingredient links will also provide the health benefits, nutrients, and resources that can help accommodate illnesses, diseases, autoimmune deficiencies, and food allergies.
Some symbols to look for when shopping for ingredients:
I want to provide as much as I can to make cooking fun and easy.
Click on the equipment photos and underlined links to see what I like to use when making these delicious recipes. Included in the links are eco-friendly details about the product and easy ordering options if you need to add these to your kitchen collection.
I have done a lot of research to find highly rated healthy products. I’m not afraid to use equipment to make cooking fun and easy!
So what makes this Farr Better Oil-Free Mayonnaise so amazing?
White Wine Vinegar
Now let’s prepare this delicious meal.
Soak The Cashews
In a small bowl or glass jar, soak cashews in water. I prefer my mayo glass jars so I can cover it with a lid. Let sit for a few hours or overnight (I prefer overnight because they become soft for blending the next day.) It will reduce blending time and make it a smooth and creamy texture.
Prep the cashews after soaking
Use a strainer to drain out old cashew water.
Rinse under lukewarm water.
Add cashews to the blender.
Add 1 cup dairy-free aquafaba
Aquafaba is a whipped up white foam type texture to add fluff to a recipe. I have a recipe using chickpea liquid.
But for my grandson who allergic to soy, we stay away from chickpeas. Instead, I tested out the liquid of white kidney beans and by golly, it worked exactly the same. Now he can eat this awesome recipe too.
Make aquafaba in a small bowl with the hand mixer. You can find the recipe and information by clicking the link in the ingredient list and photo.
Add remaining ingredients to the blender
Add 1/2 cup water to the blender
Add 1 tbsp lemon juice
Here are some Lemon Lime Citrus Squeezer options I enjoy using to maximize the juice amount. If this doesn’t work, you can purchase an allergy-friendly lemon juice product as an option.
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Sugar Substitutes ~ Click link or photo to see choices that accommodate your dietary restrictions.
1/4 tsp Salt Substitutions ~ Click link or photo to see choices that accommodate your dietary restrictions.
Blend all the ingredients on high for 3-5 minutes until desired creamy consistency.
I discovered that using the Immersion Blender after using the Ninja also helps make it creamier. Adding more water can help you get the consistency you desire.
Other ingredient options
To create the flavor of your choice, here are some other ingredient options; 1/2 teaspoon Tahini, 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
Ideas to use this delicious oil-free mayonnaise
Use this recipe as a substitute for mayonnaise. You can also use it as a veggie dip, sandwich spread, wraps, lettuce wraps, tortilla roll-ups, veggie burgers, sauce, dressing and dip for your potato fries and tater tots. It is used throughout my Farr Better Recipes®. Have fun and be creative with the use of this recipe.
Farr Better Oil-Free Mayonnaise
- 1 cup raw cashews unsalted preferred
- 1 cup aquafaba Click ingredient link for recipe on FBR website
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp Egg Replacer Mix with 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar substitutes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt substitutions
- In a small bowl or glass jar, soak cashews in water. I prefer my mayo glass jars so I can cover it with a lid. Let sit for a few hours or overnight (I prefer overnight because they become soft for blending the next day.) It will reduce blending time and make it a smooth and creamy texture.
PREP CASHEWS AFTER SOAKING
- Use strainer to drain out old cashew water. Rinse under lukewarm water. Add cashews to the blender.
MAKE THE AQUAFABA
- Make aquafaba in a small bowl with a hand mixer. You can find the recipe and information by clicking the link in the ingredient list.
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS TO BLENDER
- To add the Egg Replacer, mix in a small bowl 1 tbsp powder with 1/4 cup water. Whisk together until there are no clumps. Then add the mixture to the blender.
- Blend all the ingredients on high for 3-5 minutes until desired creamy consistency.
- I discovered that using the Immersion blender after using the Ninja also helps make it creamier. Adding more water can help you get the consistency you desire.
OTHER INGREDIENT OPTIONS
- To create the flavor of your choice, here are some other ingredient options; 1/2 teaspoon Tahini, 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum. I like to give other options to accommodate many dietary restrictions. It wouldn't be soy-free but it's delicious with 2 tsp organic white miso.
When purchasing a packaged ingredient, it’s important to look for certified logos like; USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, and BPA Free Lined Cans. I choose these products because of my research and the safety they provide our family. If you can’t find the exact product listed, find a similar one available to you. At least you know what to look for in a product that is safely packaged before you purchase it.
Remember if you have an allergy to an ingredient, eliminate it from the recipe.
According to the “Clean Proteins” chart, cashews made it on the list!!