Welcome to this is a great invention. Many allergy friendly mayonnaise substitutes use tofu as one of the main ingredients. I have come up with a soy free and oil free version. This is so exciting. Many people love using this recipe many different ways because of the delicious taste and thicker texture.
Use this recipe as a substitute for mayonnaise. You can also use it as a veggie dip, sandwich spread, sauce, dressing and dip for your potato fries. It is used throughout my Farr Better Recipes. Have fun and be creative with the use of this recipe.
Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise
- 1 cup raw cashews - unsalted preferred
- 1/4 cup aquafaba - Click ingredient link for recipe on FBR website
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar substitutes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- Blender - high speed
- Strainer, colander
- Small bowl
- Hand Held Mixer - option for making aquafaba
- Hand Blender Set with Whisk included - option for making aquafaba
- Hand Held Lemon Squeezer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Wooden Lemon Reamer - optional piece to make fresh squeeze lemon juice
- Citrus Juicer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lemon jucie
- In a small bowl, cover cashews with water. Let sit for a few hours or overnight (I prefer overnight because they become soft for blending the next day.) It will reduce blending time and make it a smooth and creamy texture.
- Use strainer to drain out old cashew water
- Rinse under lukewarm water
- Add cashews to blender
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS TO BLENDER
- Make aquafaba in small bowl with mixer - recipe and information are on the website. Click link in the ingredient list.
- Add rest of ingredients; water, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, stevia, onion powder, Himalayan sea salt.
- Add sea salt - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.