Why is this Farr Better Coleslaw? Because it includes Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise! I love cooking foods from scratch. It’s exciting to create a “common dish” like coleslaw and make a healthy version, for people to enjoy. Especially for people who have multiple dietary restrictions. Furthermore, I love catering to our community of friends who eat this way “by choice”. They really appreciate and enjoy these recipes.
When creating recipes, I like to introduce other “not so common” ingredients to enhance the recipe. Invent and Inspire!
Remember you can always take out ingredients that are not on your “safe list”. That’s why I provide a variety of ideas for you.
Farr Better Oil Free Coleslaw
- 5 cups cabbage shredded, we enjoy red, purple and green
- 2 cups carrots shredded, have fun and use a rainbow of colored carrots
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts chopped; optional ingredient
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped, pick your favorite color pepper or use a little of each
- 3/4 cup green onions with tops, chopped
- 1/2 cup Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise click ingredient link to see recipe on FBR website
- 2 tablespoons Dairy Free Unsweetened Vanilla Yogurt add more to your liking for taste and texture
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Food processor - optional to shred, slice or dice produce. For this recipe you could use it for the cabbage, carrots, Brussels sprouts and bell peppers
- Hand Grater - optional to shred carrots
- Cutting Board
- Large mixing bowl
COMBINE IN BOWL
- Add cabbage
- Add carrot
- Add Brussels sprouts
- Add bell peppers
- Add green onion. Mix these ingredients gently and thoroughly.
ADD REMAINING DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- Add Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise
- Add vinegar, yogurt, celery seed, onion powder, stevia, black pepper and smoked paprika
- Add sea salt - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.
- Stir thoroughly to coat the vegetables with the sauce mixture until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator before serving.