Want a mouth-watering pulled “pork” sandwich but the meatless version? FBR ingredients bring you an amazing meal that many of you wouldn’t even notice the difference. You will never feel like you are missing out with Farr Better Recipes. This meal is very filling and very fun to share with friends and family.
I am so excited to have BBQ cooking parties. We will show you different ways to use this recipe in other main courses. To enjoy these BBQ cooking parties, sign up for our FBR Home Cooking Party Package. Stay tuned for more BBQ fun ideas!!!
Farr Better Than Pulled "Pork" Sandwich
- Cutting Board
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Baking Dish
- Chop Spatula to shred Jackfruit - optional
- Potato Masher to shred Jackfruit - optional
- Hand Mixer to shred Jackfruit - optional
- Garlic twister mincer - FBR IDEA: I like to use this instead of the garlic press because there isn't any waste or lingering garlic smell in the garbage because you efficiently use the whole piece of garlic.
PICK BETWEEN 2 MEAT SUBSTITUTE OPTIONS
- 3/4 cup Farr Better Oil Free, Yeast Free Ketchup - Click ingredient link to see recipe on FBR website
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon stoneground mustard
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke - Flavor choices; hickory or mesquite
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper - or to taste (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder - or to taste (optional)
OPTIONS TO COMPLETE THIS MEAL MASTERPIECE
- 4 pieces red onion - thinly sliced
- 3 slices cucumbers - sliced, baby cucumber
- 1 slice dairy-free cheese - You have choices, American, Provolone, Mozzarella, Smoked Gouda and so many more options
- 1 teaspoon Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise - Option: Spread on toasted bun or bread. Click ingredient link to see recipe on FBR website
- 1/2 teaspoon Farr Better Butter - Option: Spread on toasted bun or bread. Click ingredient link to see recipe on FBR website.
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- 9" x 13" baking dish
- Chop Spatula to shred Jackfruit - OPTIONAL
- Potato Masher to shred Jackfruit - OPTIONAL
- Hand Mixer to shred Jackfruit - OPTIONAL
- Garlic twister mincer. FBR IDEA: I like to use this instead of the garlic press because there isn't any waste or lingering garlic smell in the garbage because you efficiently use the whole piece of garlic.
- Silicone Baking Boards - use this over the pan in the oven to avoid mess and keep meal moist.
PREPARE MUSHROOMS OR JACKFRUIT
- MUSHROOMS - Shred mushrooms: Simply hold one fork still in the center of your mushroom and use a second fork to pull the shreds apart. Place in baking dish.
- JACKFRUIT - Shred jackfruit: Simply hold one fork still in the center part of the jackfruit piece and use a second fork to pull the shreds apart. OPTION; use hand mixer to shred jackfruit in a mixing bowl. Place shredded pieces in baking dish.
- Optional method to shred jackfruit: Cut jackfruit pieces into 1/4's. Add to skillet on medium-high heat with 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes until soft. Use potato masher or chop spatula to shred pieces. Personally I am in love with this option. Quick and easy.
PREPARE SAUCE IN MIXING BOWL
- Add Farr Better Ketchup Recipe -Click link under ingredients to see recipe on FBR website
- Add light brown sugar, white wine vinegar, tomato paste, stoneground mustard, molasses, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, liquid smoke, thyme, black pepper, Himalayan Sea Salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder and mix together thoroughly.
- Add sauce to shredded mushrooms or jackfruit in baking dish.
- Stir all ingredients together completely.
- FYI - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.
SAUTE INGREDIENTS IN SKILLET
- In skillet over medium high-heat sauté minced garlic, onion, green pepper in vegetable broth for 5-7 minutes until tender. Once cooked to desired texture, combine with mushroom or jackfruit mixture in baking dish. Stir together thoroughly.
BAKE OR COOK ON STOVETOP
- Preheat oven at 350⁰ F. Cover baking dish with Silicone Baking Board. If you don't have the baking board, you can use a flat cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. FBR HINT: Baking makes this recipe get better the longer you cook it because the favor absorbs perfectly.
- OPTION: In stock pot over medium-high heat cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally and until heated through.
- Option: Bake buns in the oven at 350⁰ F. on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes to get buns toasted. You can also stick buns or sliced bread in the toaster.
- Option: Apply Farr Better Butter to toasted bun or bread for additional fun flavor.
- Add Farr Better Than Pulled "Pork" ingredients onto the buns or sliced bread. Add a slice of your favorite allergy friendly cheese and our famous Farr Better Oil Free Coleslaw.
- FBR "TOPPING OPTION" IDEAS: Check them out and let us know what you think. Cucumbers, red onions. Spread a teaspoon of Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise on buns or bread. You can also drop a tablespoon scoop on top. Let us know if you find other ones to be delightful.
- You will want to eat 2 of them but that sends you over the top. As we learned, we can't stop. Enjoy my friends!!!