FBR Loves Onions
10 magical benefits of Onions that keep the doctor away
This list doesn’t cover all the benefits or nutrition information, but I thought I would at least pique your interest.
1) Raw onion is known to lower the production of LDL (bad cholesterol) and keep your heart healthy.
2) The vitamin C (which remains intact while they are in the raw form) along with the phytochemicals present in onions helps build immunity.
3) Quercetin, a powerful compound found in onions, has been suggested to play a role in preventing cancer, especially stomach and colorectal cancers.
4) Chromium, also present in this root vegetable, may help regulate blood sugar.
5) A mixture of onion juice and honey (which helps make it less pungent) is said to be effective as a cure for fever, common cold, allergies, etc.
6) Keep a small piece of onion under the nostrils and inhale, to stop or slow down a nose bleed.
7) Folate in onions also helps with depression and aids sleep and appetite.
8) The vitamin C helps the formation of collagen that is responsible for skin and hair health.
9) Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of onions have been proven. One study also suggested that freshly chopped raw onions have these anti-bacterial properties, not chopped onion which has been allowed to sit for a day or two.
10) Chewing raw onions improve our oral health (though your breath may stink). They help eliminate bacteria that can lead to tooth decay and gum issues.
Detailed information from NDTV Food.
More information at Dr. Health Benefits.
Onion, (Allium cepa), herbaceous biennial plant in the amaryllis family (Amaryllidaceae), grown for its edible bulb.
Thin Onion Rings
Minced, Diced, Chopped
The photograph shows minced, diced and chopped onions. Minced (on the left) is the smallest cut. diced (in the middle) is a bit bigger and chopped (on the right) which is cut, at most, into about ¼ inch chunks.
Red Onion Rings, Diced
Chopped Green Onions
So many choices. All of which we enjoy.
Remember if you have an allergy to an ingredient, eliminate it from the recipe.
Where to find this amazing product… Farr Better Store Options
Thank you for choosing Farr Better Recipes. We appreciate you sharing this with friends and family by clicking the social media buttons below. We believe everyone deserves to FEEL GOOD and ENJOY LIFE!