Happily, enjoy this mouthwatering mushroom meal! There are so many benefits to eating mushrooms…
Click the photo to see even more benefits I have found to help stay healthy and boost your immune system. You can’t help but enjoy the FBR mushroom meals.
Mushrooms help promote a healthy immune system, Antioxidants that help you have a long healthy life, Naturally Gluten-Free, Promote healthy skin and hair.
Dr. Michael Klaper, MD, Physician, Author, Vegan, Speaker, among other well-respected doctors will tell you that mushrooms are one of the best foods you should eat to help strengthen your immune system to help fight off viruses.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW:
Eliminate or modify any ingredients to accommodate your dietary restrictions.
This recipe is FREE OF:
Gluten, Oats, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Soy, Vinegar
Use ingredients suggested, then ALL FARR BETTER RECIPES are allergy-friendly and plant-based.
So what makes this stuffed mushroom recipe so amazing?
Portobello Mushroom caps
Dairy-free Cream Cheese
Jalapeño Havarti Style Block
Dairy-free Cheddar Style cheese
Black Pepper Ground
Farr Better No-Salt Seasoning
Gluten-free Bread Crumbs
Seasoned Meatless Crumbles
Now let’s prepare this delicious meal.
Clean the mushrooms
Wash top of mushrooms and pat dry with a paper towel. Clean end of the stem too. It’s your choice if you want to cut the end/stem off. If you do, chop stem pieces into the ingredient mixture.
It’s important to have the mushrooms be moisture-free. Don’t get the ‘gills’ wet if you plan on leaving them in.
It’s optional if you want to clean out the ‘gills’ or not. In this recipe, it is filled with so much flavor that we like to keep them there. It’s up to you.
Place mushrooms with stem side up in cake pan or baking sheet. Set aside.
Mix together in a medium-size bowl the following ingredients:
4 garlic cloves minced
FBR IDEA: I like to use this tool instead of the garlic press because there isn’t any waste or lingering garlic smell in the garbage because you efficiently use the whole piece of garlic.
Add 1 container (about 7 oz) of dairy-free cream cheese. Violife Creamy Original Flavour has become my favorite, a very healthy and delicious dairy-free cream cheese option that I have found.
1 cup chopped artichoke hearts. I found that 3 large hearts equals about 1 cup.
Tip: Feel free to buy fresh spinach leaves then freeze them for future use. They freeze really well.
1/2 block of jalapeño havarti style cheese
Shred block to help it melt faster.
Another option is to purchase dairy-free cheese already shredded. Pepperjack Style Shreds are a delicious choice from Daiya. If you can’t find the jalapeño havarti style block in the store, feel free to add your favorite dairy-free cheese option as a substitute. Shred about 3 oz of your choice.
1/2 block of dairy-free cheddar style cheese or purchase it pre-shredded, which would be about 3 oz shredded.
2/3 cup Chopped Onion. Feel free to pick your favorite kind.
To chop onions without tears, I love this handy little Hand-Powered Food Chopper that my Auntie found. We use it all the time to chop ingredients.
1/4 cup fresh cut Cilantro
Have you considered growing your own herb garden? This Herb Seed Pod Kit has been so fun for us and saves us tons of money. Less waste as I clip and use as needed. Thank you, Auntie Kitty!
Use the Herb Scissors to easily cut fresh herbs.
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Farr Better No-Salt Seasoning or your choice of a Salt Substitutions
1/2 tsp ground Turmeric
Use a fork to gently stir the mixture.
Optional Ingredients to use in the mixture
1/2 cup Zucchini or Summer Squash (pick one or both) diced
1/4 cup Gluten-free Bread Crumbs. Here are my favorite allergy-friendly brands.
7 oz Sundried Tomatoes diced
4 oz FBR Seasoned Meatless Crumbles
My favorite meatless burger brand.
Finish the Dish
Preheat oven to 375°
Use a spoon to spread the mixture evenly on the upside part of the mushrooms.
Bake for 30 minutes uncovered, until steamy hot. serve and enjoy!!
Serve on top of cooked rice noodles.
Use the mixture as a cracker dip. My favorite allergy-friendly crackers.
To accompany the meal, you could have…
FBR Kohlarbi Steaks
Farr Better Kale Chips
Farr better Baked Asparagus
Farr Better Green Bean Almandine
There are so many possibilities.
FBR Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 4 medium portobello mushroom caps
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 container dairy-free cream cheese - about 7 oz, soft
- 1 cup artichoke hearts - chopped, about 3 large hearts
- 1 cup spinach leaves - fresh chopped
- 1/2 block jalapeño havarti style block - shreds about 3 oz
- 1/2 block dairy-free cheddar style cheese - shreds about 3 oz
- 2/3 cup onion - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - fresh cut
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Farr Better No-Salt Seasoning - or salt substitutions
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - ground
- 1/2 cup zucchini - diced
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 7 oz sundried tomatoes - diced
- 4 oz Seasoned Meatless Crumbles
- Wash top of mushrooms and pat dry with a paper towel. Clean end of the stem too. If you want, cut the end off and chop into the ingredient mixture. Important; have mushrooms moisture-free. Place mushrooms with stem side up in cake pan or baking sheet. Set aside.
MIX TOGETHER IN MEDIUM-SIZE MIXING BOWL
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and stir together gently and thoroughly.
- You could add these into the mixture: zucchini, gluten-free bread crumbs, sundried tomatoes, Seasoned Meatless Crumbles
FINISH THE DISH
- .Preheat oven to 375ºF. Use a spoon to spread mixture evenly on the bottom of mushrooms (the part facing up). Bake for 30 minutes uncovered, until steamy hot. Serve and enjoy!
- Serve individually or on top of cooked rice noodles. Serve as a cracker dip.
- To accompany the meal, you could have FBR Kohlarbi Steaks, Farr Better Kale Chips, Farr Better Baked Asparagus or Farr Better Green Bean Almandine. There are so many possibilities.