Risotto is one of the best dishes you can make with rice. There are many different varieties of risotto and we have several wonderful choices to still keep it allergy-friendly and amazing.
The Farr Better Risotto is just that, Farr Better, and here is why…
Quicker and easier cooking
I wanted to make this recipe easier than many of the other ones out there without losing the flavor or texture of this dish. In our test kitchen, we put all the ingredients into a baking dish and bake it. That’s easier than managing this dish on the stovetop by adding broth, one ladle at a time. It’s fun to bake the Farr Better Mushroom Risotto, serve and eat. Easy, Peasy.
Farr Better Mushroom Risotto
- Mixing Bowls Large
Rice and Liquid Ingredients
- 1 4 oz container dairy-free parmesan style cheese - shredded
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts - chopped
- 6 each asparagus - chopped; substitute peas or broccoli
- 3 each garlic cloves - minced
- 1/4 block dairy-free Monterey Jack Style Cheese - shredded
- 4 cups mushrooms - chopped
- 1/4 cup Farr Better Butter - substitute dairy-free butter
- 1 tbsp Farr Better No-Salt Seasoning
- 2 tsp FBR Kickin' Herb Mix
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
STEP 1 RICE AND LIQUID
- Add all these ingredients together into the baking dish. Stir gently.
STEP 2 REMAINING INGREDIENTS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- TO SAVE TIME: Use the Hand-powered Food Chopper for the mushrooms, onions, and water chestnuts. Use the Zester Grater Mincer or Rotary Grater to shred block cheese.
- Gently pour these ingredients on top of the rice liquid ingredients. NOTE: NO NEED TO STIR ALL THESE TOGETHER. It ends up baking perfectly with the liquid on the bottom.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes uncovered until mushrooms are golden and rice is soft.
- Serve and top with shredded parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.