I wanted to create another version of chili from the traditional style of chili to change things up a bit. We enjoy it in the fall up at my Aunt’s lake home when raking leaves and winterizing.
Well, I made a delicious savory chili that is perfect to warm you up. This has the versatility to spice it up as much as you want, for the brave folks like us. Everyone will for sure enjoy it!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW:
Eliminate or modify any ingredients to accommodate your dietary restrictions.
This Southwestern White Bean Chili recipe is Allergy-Friendly:
FREE OF: Gluten, Oats, Soy, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Oil, Shellfish, Starch, Gum
Use suggested ingredients and ALL FARR BETTER RECIPES are:
Plant-Based, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Wheat-Free with most No Added Salt
I try really hard to find you products that have No Oil, No-MSG, Organic and that are Non-GMO. You can conveniently order them on my website.
Click the underlined ingredient links and photos below that will show you valuable information like;
♦ how to prep the ingredients
(wash all produce, soak or marinate, etc…)
♦ what cut is preferred for each recipe
(minced, diced, chopped, sliced, etc…)
♦ how to prepare the ingredients
The ingredient links will also provide the health benefits, nutrients, and resources that can help accommodate illnesses, diseases, autoimmune deficiencies, and food allergies.
Some symbols to look for when shopping for ingredients:
I want to provide as much as I can to make cooking fun and easy.
Click on the equipment photos and underlined links to see what I like to use when making these delicious recipes. Included in the links are eco-friendly details about the product and easy ordering options if you need to add these to your kitchen collection.
I have done a lot of research to find highly rated healthy products. I’m not afraid to use equipment to make cooking fun and easy!
So what makes this chili so amazing?
Cannellini White Kidney Beans
Nutritional Yeast Flakes
FBR Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
Include these wonderful garnish ideas:
FBR Shredded Seasoned Jackfruit
FBR seasoned Meatless Crumbles (see label for ingredients)
Dairy-Free Parmesan Style Cheese (see label for ingredients)
Now let’s prepare this delicious meal.
Drain and rinse cannellini beans. USE 1 CAN
Add cannellini beans to a small blender
Add 1 CUP vegetable broth to the blender
Blend until smooth and creamy about 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
In a large soup pot or Non-Stick 5 Quart Dutch Oven Pot on medium-high heat saute 1/2 CUP vegetable broth, garlic, celery, onion, bell peppers, leeks, jalapeno pepper.
Cook for 5-7 minutes until translucent and tender.
Add remaining ingredients to the soup pot
Creamy bean mixture
2nd CAN of cannellini beans rinsed and drained
If using canned, drain corn
Drain and rinse hominy
Minced Chili Peppers or Cherry Peppers
Note: If you don’t have the FBR Southwest Chipotle Seasoning, you could add 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp coriander seed ground, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt substitute, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper as a substitute.
Cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chili mixture is creamy. Stir occasionally until hot and steamy. Garnish, Serve and Enjoy!!
Serve and Enjoy. Feel free to add these garnishes to this soup party:
Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, FBR Shredded Seasoned Jackfruit, FBR Style seasoned Meatless Crumbles, Dairy-Free Parmesan Style Cheese
This is a great dish for giving a “gift to” friends or family. Use it as a meal prep for the week or freeze for it the future. Plant-based recipes are so easy to share or eat it right here, right now!
Did you know with this recipe format you can change the serving size which will change your ingredient quantity?
Southwestern White Bean Chili
CREAMY BEAN MIXTURE
REMAINING INGREDIENTS AND SEASONINGS
- 2 cups corn if using a 15.25 oz can, drain
- 1 30 oz can hominy drain and rinse
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, use Herb Scissors or chop with a knife
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp chili peppers or cherry peppers minced
- 2 tsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp FBR Southwest Chipotle Seasoning use more for a spicy taste
- Prepare to wash the vegetables thoroughly with Earth's Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash to clean 95% or more of the chemicals and toxins off your produce. Click the link to see more details and also more information is listed below.
CREAMY BEAN MIXTURE
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans. USE 1 CAN
- Add cannellini beans to the blender.
- Add 1 CUP vegetable broth to a small blender.
- Add the white part of the coconut milk to the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot or Non-Stick 5 Quart Dutch Oven Pot over medium-high heat, add vegetable broth USE 1/2 CUP, garlic, celery, onion, favorite bell peppers, leeks, jalapeño pepper
- Saute ingredients for 5-7 minutes until tender.
REMAINING INGREDIENTS ADDED TO SOUP POT
- Add the creamy bean mixture, 2nd CAN of cannellini beans, corn, hominy, 1 CUP vegetable broth, cilantro, lime juice, nutritional yeast flakes, your favorite chili pepper or cherry pepper
- Add FBR Southwest Chipotle Seasoning: If you don't have that use your favorite Chipotle Seasoning or add 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp coriander seed ground, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt substitute, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chili mixture is creamy. Stir occasionally until hot and steamy.
- Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, FBR Shredded Seasoned Jackfruit, FBR Style seasoned Meatless Crumbles, Dairy-Free Parmesan Style Cheese
IT’S FARR BETTER TO EDUCATE YOURSELF:
If you have severe allergies, find ingredients made from an allergy safe facility. Manufacturers must state that information on the product.
Remember if you have an allergy to an ingredient, eliminate it from the recipe.
Earth’s Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash was scientifically developed to clean produce and help it taste better… the way Mother Nature made it. Our wash is highly effective on both whole and processed produce. It is a plant-based concentrate designed to remove 95% or more chemicals and harmful toxins.
It’s very important to protect you, your family and loved ones by washing the produce before you eat it. Look at the water through a clear glass after a wash to see what gets pulled out of your produce, for example, strawberries. Then tell yourself and your family, “Here, drink this”. 100% of the time people will never drink the contaminated water ever. Knowing what you know, don’t let anyone eat produce before it’s cleaned. Let’s start living a healthy lifestyle.
FBR HINT: Wash ahead to save you time preparing your meals. Available for sale on FBR website.