Make the Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad a fun meal with these edible bowls to change things up a bit. We have an appetizer version to enjoy as well.
For example, we use a Tortilla Taco Shell Maker Non-Stick Pan to make the flavorful healthy Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad. There are many variations to make this dish fun and exciting. Moreover, allergy-friendly for those who have dietary restrictions.
You can easily prepare Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad as an appetizer or create a nice little individual portion size.
It seems like making meals look great and having fun doing it, truly brings family and friends together. I have seen more engagement with everyone while preparing meals. Similarly, with children and adults alike, their perception is; the better it looks, the better it tastes.
Because we have many children with lots of opinions, I feel very lucky when they all agree and love a Farr Better Recipes® meal. Fortunately, they decided this one is a real winner.
Most importantly, eliminate or modify any ingredients to accommodate your dietary restrictions.
This Allergy-Friendly Chipotle Chickpea Salad is FREE OF:
Gluten, Oats, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast, Soy, Gum, Oil, Starch
For example, if you use the ingredients I suggest, then ALL FARR BETTER RECIPES are allergy-friendly and plant-based.
So what makes this Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad so amazing?
Did you know with this recipe format you can change the serving size which will change your ingredient quantity?
Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad
TORTILLA BOWLS OR CUPS
- 6 each allergy-friendly tortilla wraps
- 1 bag tortilla scoops option to create appetizer cups
CHICKPEA MIXTURE AND SEASONINGS
COMBINE SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups cabbage shredded, choose green or red cabbage
- 1 3/4 cups corn fresh or drain and rinse about 15.25 (ounce) can
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup bok choy thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise or other Dairy-Free Mayo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed, equivalent to 1 lime
WASH YOUR PRODUCE
- Earth's Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash to clean 95% or more of the chemicals and toxins off your produce. More details on this recipe page.
STEP 1 PREPARE TORTILLA BOWLS OR CUPS
- Preheat oven to 375⁰ F. Shape the tortillas by placing them in a nonstick oven-safe bowl. The Tortilla Taco Shell Maker Non-Stick Pan is my favorite because it's fun, easy to use, and makes the meal more unique. Bake them in the oven until crispy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the tortillas are cooked, set aside to cool while preparing the rest of your ingredients. FBR IDEA: Gluten-free, allergy-friendly tortillas work nicely. The appetizer option is using Tostitos Scoops.
- Enjoy a tortilla size that fits your dinner party perfectly. If you don't have the Perfect Tortilla Pan you can use the back of a cupcake pan. You can also make mini homemade tortilla cups for individual portions. See the full recipe page for photos and details.
STEP 2 PREPARE CHICKPEA MIXTURE
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork. Once the chickpeas are mashed, add FBR Southwest Chipotle Seasoning and lemon pepper seasoning. Stir to thoroughly mix ingredients together.
STEP 3 ADD REST OF SALAD INGREDIENTS IN LARGE MIXING BOWL and Gently Stir
- Divide the salad mixture among the tortilla bowls or tortilla cups.
- Top with sliced avocados. Drops of hot sauce if you like your Chickpea Salad spicy. Add extra Farr Better Oil-Free Mayonnaise on top to complete this masterpiece. Serve and enjoy!!
Keep Scrolling to view Step by Step photos and Instructions
FYI: I will share with you many kitchen utensils and equipment that I use to make this recipe go quick and easy.
With that in mind, prep time on this recipe may vary depending on the kitchen equipment you use or if you cut and prep things by hand.
the photos and links for more details about the products, purchasing options, prepping ingredients, and their health benefits.
Add Salad Ingredients
into a large mixing bowl
Be sure to prep the vegetables that should be cleaned before use:
It’s a good idea to wash your cabbage, bok choy, and avocados. Even though they are a part of the “Clean 15” list, it’s a good idea to always wash your produce. While they are a part of the produce with the lowest levels of pesticide residue, it’s always a good practice to wash your produce.
The “Dirty Dozen” list for this recipe would include carrots and poblano pepper. Most importantly, you should try to buy organic and wash them really well.
Nearly 70 percent of the fresh produce sold in the U.S. contains residues of potentially harmful chemical pesticides, according to EWG’s analysis.
1. Again, it’s very important to wash them thoroughly with Earth’s Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash to clean 95% or more of the chemicals and toxins off your produce.
Above all, this is my ♥favorite veggie wash and has my stamp of approval. Click the photo or the link to order yours today. I just did. It’s a great gift-giving idea.
Furthermore, it must be amazing if Twin Cities Live shared it with everyone!
Step 1 Prepare Tortilla Bowls or Cups
6 allergy-friendly tortilla wraps
How to prepare tortilla bowls:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Next, shape the tortillas by placing them in a non-stick oven-safe bowl. The Tortilla Taco Shell Maker Non-Stick Pan is my favorite because it is fun and makes the meal look unique to avoid food boredom. It’s easy to use and turns out perfect every time.
Place the tortilla inside the pan and gently press into the shape. After that, bake them in the oven until crispy, about 5-10 minutes.
a tortilla size that fits your dinner party perfectly. If you don’t have the perfect tortilla pan, you can use the back of a cupcake pan. You can also make mini homemade tortilla cups for individual portions as shown in the photo above.
Once the tortillas are cooked, set aside to cool while preparing the rest of your Chipotle Chickpea Salad mix.
Appetizer Version of the Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad:
Make your own small cups as shown above or the quick and easy method is purchasing allergy-friendly tortilla scoops.
Step 2 Prepare Chickpea Mixture with Seasonings in Large Mixing Bowl
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed
In the large mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork.
If you have an allergy to soy or these beans, you can substitute with Cannelini Beans (white kidney beans) which will still give you another nice burst of flavor in this meal.
Add the next 2 seasonings to the mixing bowl.
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
Once the chickpeas are mashed, and you added these 2 seasonings, mix together thoroughly.
Step 3 Add the remaining salad ingredients into the large mixing bowl
2 cups shredded cabbage, pick one or combine to the equal recommended amount
Shredded Purple Cabbage
Shredded Green Cabbage
1 3/4 cups corn
On the other hand, you can drain and rinse about 15.25 oz canned corn with your strainer or the Extendable Collapsible Colander Strainer
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup poblano pepper seeded and diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced bok choy
1/2 cup chop or sliced black pitted olives, drained and chopped
It’s important to drain the black olives from a bag or a BPA-free can.
Prepare Black Olives:
Cut to your desired size with a knife or the Food Chopper Scissors.
If you are like me and love♥ black olives, the bigger the slice the better.
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
For instance, have you considered growing your own herb garden? This Herb Seed Pod Kit has been so much fun for us and saves us tons of money. There is less waste as you clip the cilantro as needed, not to mention, always fresh for the dish. Thank you Auntie Kitty♥!!
In addition, if you love the herb garden, you will definitely enjoy these Herb Scissors. You will want to use them all the time to cut any of your fresh herbs. It is very gentle on the leaves giving you a beautiful fragrant smell and savory flavor to your meals.
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
(About 1 Lime, Does Not Have To Be Exact)
Here are some Lemon Lime Citrus Squeezer options
At this point, you can pick a ♥favorite kitchen tool below for freshly squeezing your lime juice. However, I appreciate all of them making the job easier.
Gently stir ingredients together.
How to finish the Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad dish
Divide the salad mixture amount to the tortilla bowls or scoops.
Serve as is or try these fabulous topping ideas.
Fresh and flavorful additional ingredients to add as a topping to your Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad
1 medium avocado
Prepare Avocado Option 1:
First, use our 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer to extract the fruit from the skin and pit.
Prepare Avocado Option 2:
Secondly, extract the fruit from the skin and pit by hand.
Open avocado by cutting it in half and use the knife to remove the nut.
Thirdly, scoop out the avocado with a spoon and add it to the tortilla bowls or scoops in sliced and diced pieces.
Drops of hot sauce to your desired taste
Likewise, this makes a nice additional flavor to your Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad
Enjoy this Baked Tortilla Bowls with Chipotle Chickpea Salad…
♦ On a bed of lettuce
♦ Crushed up tortilla chips
♦ Add it in the middle of a soft wrap and roll it up
♦ Stuff the Chipotle Chickpea Salad in a bell pepper.
This is a very versatile Chickpea Salad.