This one you can’t stop eating it’s so delicious. So don’t!!!
In the U.S. the two biggest days for eating guacamole are Super Bowl Sunday and Cinco de Mayo. 158 million avocados were consumed for 2013 Super Bowl XLVII.
In 2017 during Super Bowl week, 100,000 tons of Mexican avocados were consumed throughout the United States. “Guacamole has become one of the most popular Super Bowl snacks,” Paz said on CNN Money. “Roughly 12% of the annual avocado consumption in the US happens this week.”
Creamy Avocado Dip
- 2 medium avocados - halved, seeded and scooped
- 1 bunch green onions - thinly sliced
- 1 8 (ounce) container dairy-free cream cheese options -
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice - freshly squeezed, equivalent to 2 limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro - use herb scissors or chop with knife
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Medium size mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- 2-in-1 Cutting Board Knife. For this recipe you could use it for the green onions, tomatoes and whole black olives in this recipe.
- Hand Held Lime Squeezer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lime juice
- Wooden Lime Reamer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lime juice
- Citrus Juicer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lime juice
- Have you considered growing your own herb garden? This has been so fun for us and saves us tons of money. Less waste as I clip and use as needed. Thank you Auntie Kitty!!
- Herb Scissors - optional to easily cut cilantro
- Ripe fresh avocados that yield to gentle pressure should be eaten within a day or two. For events, a four to five days out, purchase firm avocados instead. Unripe, firm or green fruit can take four to five days to ripen at room temperature, perfect for celebrations that are a few days out. By, Love One Today® "How to pick and buy fresh avocados".
- Open Avocado and remove the nut with a knife.
- Scoop out avocado with a spoon into medium size mixing bowl
- Mash the avocados with a fork until moderately creamy.
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS IN MIXING BOWL
- Add green onions
- Add vegan sour cream, or Farr Better Sour Cream. See website for Farr Better Sour Cream recipe.
- Add tomatoes - Wash fresh tomatoes with our veggie wash mentioned below.
- Add lime juice fresh squeezed or use equipment mentioned above for ease.
- Add cilantro
- Add garlic salt
- Add all purpose seasoning
- Add garlic pepper
- Add Italian seasoning
- Add lemon pepper seasoning
- Add oregano
- Stir gently and thoroughly.