This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item we may receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services that we believe will add value to our readers. To read our full affiliate disclosure please visit our disclosure page, which can be found here.
This is a fun sprinkle topping to enhancing appetizers, meals or desserts. It’s a light, crumble mixture with a very nice flavor. Mentioned below are other ingredients to add a variety of flavors to this topping to compliment any meal.
I enjoy sprinkling this on my Caesar Salad, Bruschetta, Ice Cream, Soups, sautéed veggies and anything else you need a topping on. These ideas are just to name a few. I will include this delicious topping idea with other published Farr Better Recipes. I know you will enjoy the, “Farr Better Topping Sprinkles”.
Farr Better Topping Sprinkles
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or try walnuts, almonds, pecans in place of cashews
- 2 tablespoons gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Stoneground Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon seeds hemp or pumpkin seeds bring nice flavor to mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flour for drier texture, add amount to your liking
- Place cashews in food processor and grind into very small pieces, a fine meal texture. It's important not to over grind or you will end up with a smooth texture. Remember you can also add other nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans in place of cashews) .
- You can add other seeds (hemp or pumpkin seeds) that bring a nice flavor to the mixture. I leave this optional due to the variety of dietary restrictions and variety of meal combinations.
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS IN BLENDER
- Add bread crumbs
- Add nutritional yeast flakes
- Add stoneground mustard
- Add black pepper
- Add garlic powder
- Add rosemary leaf
- Add thyme
- Add sea salt - Dr. Axe says, "Pink Himalayan salt is often said to be the most beneficial as well as the cleanest salt available on this planet today. Pink Himalayan sea salt contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better." This is the guilt-free option.
- Pulse 2-3 second bursts. Taste and adjust salt and nutritional yeast for cheesier flavor. Store in an airtight container for up to a month and refrigerated for up to 2 months. Share with us how you like to use this topping on your favorite dishes.
Leave a Reply