We use a fun pan to wrap your chickpea taco together. There are many options to enjoy this dish. You can easily prepare this as a meal option, appetizer option or a nice little individual portion size.
Making meals look great while having fun doing it truly brings more family engagement in preparing the meals. For children and adults alike, their perception is; the better it looks, the better it tastes.
Wrap'n Your Chickpea Tacos
- 6 each Gluten Free, Wheat Free Wraps, Ivory Teff - Gluten, Dairy, Wheat and Soy Free
- 1 bag tortilla chips - option to create appetizer cups
TACO MIXTURE AND SEASONINGS
- 3 cups cabbage - shredded, choose green or red cabbage
- 1 3/4 cups corn - fresh or drain and rinse Field Day® Organic Whole Kernel Sweet Corn equivalent to 15.25 (ounce) can
- 1 cup carrot - shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper - seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green onion - thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives - drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro - use herb scissors or chop with knife
- 1/4 cup Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise - see website for FBR recipe
- 2 tablespoons lime juice - freshly squeezed, equivalent to 1 lime
- Perfect Tortilla Pan
- If you don't have the Perfect Tortilla Pan you can use the back of a cupcake pan
- You can also make mini homemade tortilla cups for individual portions
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Strainer, colander
- 2-in-1 Cutting Board Knife. For this recipe you could use it for the green onions and whole black olives in this recipe.
- Veggie Food Chopper - quick, easy and fun. For this recipe you could use it for the red onion, poblano pepper and black olives.
- Have you considered growing your own herb garden? This has been so fun for us and saves us tons of money. Less waste as I clip and use as needed. Thank you Auntie Kitty!!
- Herb Scissors - optional to easily cut cilantro
- Hand Held Lime Squeezer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lime juice
- Wooden Lime Reamer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lime juice
- Citrus Juicer - optional piece to make fresh squeezed lime juice
- Food Processor - optional to shred, slice or dice produce. For this recipe you could use it for the cabbage, carrots, red onions, poblano pepper and black olives.
- Hand Grater - optional to shred carrots
WASH YOUR PRODUCE
- Earth's Natural Fruit & Vegetable Wash to clean 95% or more of the chemicals and toxins off your produce. Details below.
PREPARE TACO SHELLS
- Preheat oven to 375⁰ F. Shape the tortillas by placing them in a nonstick oven-safe bowl and baking them in the oven until crispy, 5-10 minutes. Enjoy a tortilla size that fits your dinner party perfectly. Once the tortilla's are cooked, set aside to cool while preparing the rest of your ingredients. FBR IDEA: You can use gluten free corn tortillas too. Explore other allergy friendly options. Appetizer option is using Tostitos Scoops.
PREPARE CHICKPEA MIXTURE
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the chickpeas with a fork. Once the chickpeas are mashed, add next 4 seasonings.
- Add ancho chili powder
- Add garlic salt
- Add lemon pepper seasoning
- Add onion powder and use a fork to mix together thoroughly.
ADD REST OF INGREDIENTS IN LARGE MIXING BOWL
- Add cabbage, red or green. If cutting cabbage by hand, thinly slice the cabbage into strips, going as far as you can across the wedge before the remaining wedge becomes too small to manage. Turn the unshredded part of the wedge so it's flat against the board and sturdy. Continue slicing until the entire wedge is shredded. Slice the shreds in half horizontally to shorten them. Or use food processor.
- Add corn
- Add carrots
- Add red onion
- Add poblano pepper - Wash fresh peppers with our veggie wash mentioned below.
- Add green onion
- Add black olives
- Add cilantro. Use the Herb scissors or a knife.
- Add Farr Better Oil Free Mayonnaise. Recipe available on FBR website.
- Add lime juice - fresh squeezed or use equipment mentioned above for ease. Thi is the last ingredient. With large cooking spoon mix gently and thoroughly.
- Divide the salad mixture among the taco bowls or cups.