FBR Loves Basil
Over 12 benefits of using basil
This list doesn’t cover all the benefits or nutrition information, but I thought I would at least peak your interest.
1) Contains Disease-Fighting antioxidants
2) Acts as an Anti-Inflammatory
3) Fights Cancer
4) Contains Antibacterial Properties
5) Contains Antimicrobial Properties that Fight Viruses and Infections
6) Combats Stress by Acting as an ‘Adaptogen’
7) Fights Depression
8) Promotes Cardiovascular Health
9) Supports Liver function and Helps Detoxify the Body
10) Helps Alkalize the Body and Improve Digestion
11) Can Act as a Natural Aphrodisiac
12) Helps Protect from Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
Detailed information from Dr. Axe.
21 Science-Backed Healthy Benefits of Basil with Well-Being Secrets.
Historical Uses of Basil
Basil belongs to the genus Ocimum, which is derived from the Greek ozo, meaning “to smell.” The exact origins of basil are somewhat unclear, however it’s believed that basil is native to areas in Asia and Africa. Basil plants began growing as wild perennials on some pacific Islands thousands of years ago and then were brought from India to Europe through the Middle East in the 16th century. Sometime during the 17th century basil made its way over to the Americas. (source)
Click photo to see ordering options
Besides adding amazing flavor to your meal, boost your health with the benefits of organic basil.
Full of vitamin A and C, Calcium, Zinc, Iron and chlorophyll. That’s why holy basil is called the “Queen of Herbs.”
Remember if you have an allergy to an ingredient, eliminate it from the recipe.
Want to harvest cilantro with a Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit and use Herb Scissors to easily cut your herbs? Then go to my page “Fun and Easy Kitchen Equipment” to see the latest and greatest kitchen products I love to use.
Click here for this amazing product and find out why buy organic and certified products … Purchase Organic Basil
Thank you for choosing Farr Better Recipes. We appreciate you sharing this with friends and family by clicking the social media buttons below. We believe everyone deserves to FEEL GOOD and ENJOY LIFE!